John 3:16

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have eternal life."

Sunday, May 3, 2009

To Run or Not To Run ...

Well, if it will happen, it will happen to me. So ... would I run Saturday morning or not???

Around 2:00 a.m. Saturday, I woke up hot - VERY HOT! I turned the air down (cooler), but it didn't make a difference; I knew it was me. My whole body was sweating profusely. Everything about me was wet: my clothes, my body, my hair; you name it, it was soaked! It was strange to me because it didn't feel like fever. I cannot explain it but "something" wasn't right. Reality hit...I was sick!! After tossing and turning for an hour, my body reacted again. My stomach contents were swinging on the trapeze bar of my guts and was doing flips it has never done before. I got so weak. After being up the rest of the night, I was completely exhausted.

I tried to figure out just what was going on. Then I remembered commenting on how my salmon tasted just a little sweet for two or three bites. Kent said his was fine. With the salmon frozen individually, I still thought that was my problem.

We planned to get up at 4:30 a.m. to get ready to go to the Fiesta of Five Flags Run in Pensacola, a run we look forward to every year. About an hour's drive there, we had to leave at 5:15 in order to assure a place to park and a bus trip to the starting line. Should I go??? I felt better, but I was weak. But with tears in my eyes and my heart broken, I convinced Kent to go ahead without me.

As it turned out, it was the best and wisest decision. It wasn't until lunch that I felt like I was beginning...just beginning, mind you...to feel better. I never would have made it. Armed with personal information about this, I searched the Internet for an hour to find out what was going on with me. Alas, it looked like I was experiencing food poisoning! And this has a 2-3 day recovery period. Though I felt better by night, my stomach was still queasy the following day.

Upon writing this article, I can say that I'm better. I'm hoping I can get out and run a little bit tomorrow, but this will depend on the stormy weather expected to come in tonight and throughout the day tomorrow.

1 comment:

jeff and rebecca said...

I am so sorry to hear that you have been sick. How awful to get your month long leisure time kicked off that way!!! Well I hate that you got sick but at least both of you didn't get it. Also, I just saw your last blog of your site and it looks so cute. We are planning a trip somewhere very soon. We just have to pick out our place and were gone!!

Blogging Without Obligation

After coming across what seemed to be the 4000th or so post on someone’s blog starting with “I’m sorry I haven’t posted in awhile.” I decided it is time to rethink what makes a good blog and the expectations that have come to be part of it. I am thinking that no one should utter those words again . . .and with that thought I give you Blogging Without Obligation. •Because you shouldn’t have to look at your blog like it is a treadmill. •Because its okay to just say what you have to say. If that makes for a long post, fine. Short post, fine. Frequent post, fine. Infrequent post, fine. •Because its okay to not always be enthralled with the sound of your own typing. •Because sometimes less is more. •Because only blogging when you feel truly inspired keeps up the integrity of your blog. •Because they are probably not going to inscribe your stat, link and comment numbers on your tombstone. •Because for most of us blogging is just a hobby. A way to express yourself and connect with others. You should not have to apologize for lapses in posts. Just take a step back and enjoy life, not everything you do has to be “bloggable”. •Because if you blog without obligation you will naturally keep your blog around longer, because it won’t be a chore. Plus, just think you will be doing your part to eradicate post pollution. One post at a time. . .

Easy Snacks

You'll find some great and quick snacks to have on hand at this site. Though it refers to kids, they are great for anyone. After all, we're all humans! Run HERE to see them.

Meals for Energy

Click HERE to get some great meals for pre race day and post race.

Our Races Through 6-01-09

Go to our running blog for newer updates.