John 3:16

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have eternal life."

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Only One Way To Go ...

I think I'm on the way up!! Yay!!! I am feeling so much better and am beginning to run a little more like I ought to. With another half marathon bouncing around in my mind, the need to train is a constant reminder. Though I like to froze to death at my first one, I can hardly wait to do another; I guess just to see if I can do it again. Of course, I better be sure I can do a 10k first, huh? Oh well, it never hurts to have goals!

This is the third day in a row that I've run with the past two days being very slow runs so I don't overstress my hip. I ran 4 miles this morning and felt fantastic! No pain!!! Whew! I was getting discouraged over this whole thing. Not sure if it was my new shoes or if I had overworked my right hip, laying off for 5 days or so has definitely helped. So, I'm back to my old shoes. Since I'm not sure if they were the problem I hate to take the chance on these beautiful babies. Guess I'll invest in another new pair and can now say I have great looking walking shoes.

I have picked up about 6 or 7 pounds and am now excited about getting them off. Knowing I can run now should take care of this. Though it doesn't seem like much to most people, if you don't watch it, it WILL be a problem before you realize it. I know...it happened to me. And although I was never "fat" or "obese" according to the standards of today, I was heavier than I had ever been in my life and was well on my way to being in that group. To see my progress, go HERE and scroll to the August 26th entry. There's no reason to wait to do something about how you live and eat. If you wait until you are fat, you have more than an obstacle ahead to overcome. Don't let it happen to you!! Weight Watchers is a life saver...try it and see the results! Eat better and feel better...start today!

No comments:

Blogging Without Obligation

After coming across what seemed to be the 4000th or so post on someone’s blog starting with “I’m sorry I haven’t posted in awhile.” I decided it is time to rethink what makes a good blog and the expectations that have come to be part of it. I am thinking that no one should utter those words again . . .and with that thought I give you Blogging Without Obligation. •Because you shouldn’t have to look at your blog like it is a treadmill. •Because its okay to just say what you have to say. If that makes for a long post, fine. Short post, fine. Frequent post, fine. Infrequent post, fine. •Because its okay to not always be enthralled with the sound of your own typing. •Because sometimes less is more. •Because only blogging when you feel truly inspired keeps up the integrity of your blog. •Because they are probably not going to inscribe your stat, link and comment numbers on your tombstone. •Because for most of us blogging is just a hobby. A way to express yourself and connect with others. You should not have to apologize for lapses in posts. Just take a step back and enjoy life, not everything you do has to be “bloggable”. •Because if you blog without obligation you will naturally keep your blog around longer, because it won’t be a chore. Plus, just think you will be doing your part to eradicate post pollution. One post at a time. . .

Easy Snacks

You'll find some great and quick snacks to have on hand at this site. Though it refers to kids, they are great for anyone. After all, we're all humans! Run HERE to see them.

Meals for Energy

Click HERE to get some great meals for pre race day and post race.

Our Races Through 6-01-09

Go to our running blog for newer updates.