John 3:16

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have eternal life."

Monday, February 28, 2011

This & That

Well, our big race is over. Being a first long distance for us both, we didn't know what to actually expect and we're pleased with the outcome. All the hard training has come to fruition and now, for me, I'm in my recovery period. I'm feeling my body do things I've not experienced before and am learning just what all I put it through to run over 26 miles. I must be good to it so it can be strong and healthy for me.

Spring has sprung and everything has been touched with God's hand in the beauty all around us. Our Bradford pear trees were in buds two days ago and yesterday when we woke up they were in full bloom and gorgeous! How can one even question there is a god when we have One that is almighty, loving, and always wooing us closer to Him? Even when we've elected to not be as obedient children as we should be, He's still there with open arms. Springtime is a wonderful reminder of His love for His children.

I have decided to memorize a Scripture passage this spring but haven't selected it yet. I've always enjoyed when Bro. Jeff would put us to the test to do this each year. And, it wasn't just to us; but he'd memorize huge portions himself, even reciting it during a service. Memorizing is scriptural as God has told us to "hide His Word in our hearts so that we might not sin against Him". So when sin does creep up and overtakes us at times, God still loves us and uses our memory to bring us back to Him and the position we were before. He is so good and nothing compares to Him. The last couple of years, we've been slack. But I've always known the importance of Scripture memory and was thankful that he challenged us to put God's Word in our hearts for a closer walk with Him.

This time of year also brings to mind another special time. It reminds me of the beginning of the preparation of Summer Day Camp at church. I absolutely LOVED this time of the year. There was excitement in what all I wanted to do for the children in the summer. All the calls to fun places I thought the children would enjoy. Getting things in order such as: cleaning, registering, hiring, placing orders for shirts and crafts, and daily planning for the summer. Every year, all things were complete before the doors opened for business in May. Having things prepared allowed me the blessed opportunity to enjoy every day with the children. I am thankful that God allowed me to work with such good Christian ladies who loves children, a wonderful husband that did so many things for me (I cannot begin to list these nor even pay him for all he's done) and a pastor that helped me with church related issues and assisted me when I first began. I couldn't have enjoyed and done the work God led me to do without the people He sent my way. These were truly great blessings. I REALLY miss it in the spring and it brings back such wonderful memories.

Have a wonderful day today and look for Him in all things this spring!

No comments:

Blogging Without Obligation

After coming across what seemed to be the 4000th or so post on someone’s blog starting with “I’m sorry I haven’t posted in awhile.” I decided it is time to rethink what makes a good blog and the expectations that have come to be part of it. I am thinking that no one should utter those words again . . .and with that thought I give you Blogging Without Obligation. •Because you shouldn’t have to look at your blog like it is a treadmill. •Because its okay to just say what you have to say. If that makes for a long post, fine. Short post, fine. Frequent post, fine. Infrequent post, fine. •Because its okay to not always be enthralled with the sound of your own typing. •Because sometimes less is more. •Because only blogging when you feel truly inspired keeps up the integrity of your blog. •Because they are probably not going to inscribe your stat, link and comment numbers on your tombstone. •Because for most of us blogging is just a hobby. A way to express yourself and connect with others. You should not have to apologize for lapses in posts. Just take a step back and enjoy life, not everything you do has to be “bloggable”. •Because if you blog without obligation you will naturally keep your blog around longer, because it won’t be a chore. Plus, just think you will be doing your part to eradicate post pollution. One post at a time. . .

Easy Snacks

You'll find some great and quick snacks to have on hand at this site. Though it refers to kids, they are great for anyone. After all, we're all humans! Run HERE to see them.

Meals for Energy

Click HERE to get some great meals for pre race day and post race.

Our Races Through 6-01-09

Go to our running blog for newer updates.