John 3:16

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have eternal life."

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Been Busy Making Cards

I set my mind to work on some cards yesterday. Since I don't have any local stamping buddies, I look forward to my TV crafting buddies. Tuesday was Scrapbooking Day on QVC so I set up my table and work area in front of the TV and played off and on all day. I felt like I really had friends over and had a great time. This was great as I didn't have to clean the house, cook lunch or even change clothes and put on make-up! The perfect arrangement-second only to when no one's here, that is.

Anyway ... I ended up making all of my Christmas cards and 5 others; that was a total of 23 cards! This is a record for me. Believe it or not, there was very little stamping going on. I focused mostly on techniques and inks. Loved my "free" day! Now, if only I would not feel guilty to do it on occasion. Thanks for looking. For any explanation of details, please go to my SCS Gallery link. I will post it there soon. The first couple were made this morning.







4 comments:

jeff and rebecca said...

I adore the candy apple cards!!!! I want to buy a couple of those from you for Will's teachers. I would also like a couple of those "monster" cards for my nieces and nephew. I try to send them a little treat a couple of times per year. Let me know if you have the time to fool with it and how much they will be.

Connie said...

Robbie, I like the apple cards but I really like the colors on the first 2. Can you make cards with a beach sunset?

fishlips said...

Wow what stunning cards...the apples are just adorable...The monster cards are just way 2 cute...Your blog is just wonderful !!!

nclark said...

your candy apple cards are too cute!

Blogging Without Obligation

After coming across what seemed to be the 4000th or so post on someone’s blog starting with “I’m sorry I haven’t posted in awhile.” I decided it is time to rethink what makes a good blog and the expectations that have come to be part of it. I am thinking that no one should utter those words again . . .and with that thought I give you Blogging Without Obligation. •Because you shouldn’t have to look at your blog like it is a treadmill. •Because its okay to just say what you have to say. If that makes for a long post, fine. Short post, fine. Frequent post, fine. Infrequent post, fine. •Because its okay to not always be enthralled with the sound of your own typing. •Because sometimes less is more. •Because only blogging when you feel truly inspired keeps up the integrity of your blog. •Because they are probably not going to inscribe your stat, link and comment numbers on your tombstone. •Because for most of us blogging is just a hobby. A way to express yourself and connect with others. You should not have to apologize for lapses in posts. Just take a step back and enjoy life, not everything you do has to be “bloggable”. •Because if you blog without obligation you will naturally keep your blog around longer, because it won’t be a chore. Plus, just think you will be doing your part to eradicate post pollution. One post at a time. . .

Easy Snacks

You'll find some great and quick snacks to have on hand at this site. Though it refers to kids, they are great for anyone. After all, we're all humans! Run HERE to see them.

Meals for Energy

Click HERE to get some great meals for pre race day and post race.

Our Races Through 6-01-09

Go to our running blog for newer updates.