John 3:16

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have eternal life."

Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Your Legs Run

This was a great Labor Day for me! Kent & I ran in the Labor Your Legs Labor Day Run in Hattiesburg this morning. At first, I thought it wasn't going to be a good day for me. It was foggy, muggy and a little hard to breathe...and on top of that I hadn't run since running the Trek the Trace last Tuesday - a week ago!! So I hesitantly went out with the mindset that I was going to do the best I could and not worry about any times or anything. The road race was flat and a very good one; one of the best I've run in in quite a while. It only had one hill that was very close to the 3 mile mark. BUT...and I say, BUT...it turned out to be a great race for me! None of the elements above bothered me at all. My splits were good and I felt so rejuvenated which inspired me to run faster than I thought I could. Of course, the excitement of a racestart kicks in some adrenalin and helps, too. When I made my last turn going into the last tenth mile I was able to speed up a good bit and run hard. I'm so glad that I did. My finish time was 26:17! That is an 8:27 pace...yay!! I was way beyond excited! When the results came in, I found myself holding the RRCA State Champion Grand Masters bevelled mirror award! It is so beautiful and I could hardly believe it.


This was the largest number attended in Hattiesburg history! Congratulations to all of the winners! And, by the way, everyone is a winner. Any time you get out and run in a race, YOU are a winner. Just being out should inspire you to do YOUR best regardless of what that is. And for those that might need a little extra push to get off the couch and run or walk, just check out this "little" incentive ...

Number 134 is a 3-year old running the 1-mile race! Hey, I said 3 years old!! Thanks, Sweetie, for inspiring me!!! I look forward to seeing you for a LONG time...

No comments:

Blogging Without Obligation

After coming across what seemed to be the 4000th or so post on someone’s blog starting with “I’m sorry I haven’t posted in awhile.” I decided it is time to rethink what makes a good blog and the expectations that have come to be part of it. I am thinking that no one should utter those words again . . .and with that thought I give you Blogging Without Obligation. •Because you shouldn’t have to look at your blog like it is a treadmill. •Because its okay to just say what you have to say. If that makes for a long post, fine. Short post, fine. Frequent post, fine. Infrequent post, fine. •Because its okay to not always be enthralled with the sound of your own typing. •Because sometimes less is more. •Because only blogging when you feel truly inspired keeps up the integrity of your blog. •Because they are probably not going to inscribe your stat, link and comment numbers on your tombstone. •Because for most of us blogging is just a hobby. A way to express yourself and connect with others. You should not have to apologize for lapses in posts. Just take a step back and enjoy life, not everything you do has to be “bloggable”. •Because if you blog without obligation you will naturally keep your blog around longer, because it won’t be a chore. Plus, just think you will be doing your part to eradicate post pollution. One post at a time. . .

Easy Snacks

You'll find some great and quick snacks to have on hand at this site. Though it refers to kids, they are great for anyone. After all, we're all humans! Run HERE to see them.

Meals for Energy

Click HERE to get some great meals for pre race day and post race.

Our Races Through 6-01-09

Go to our running blog for newer updates.