John 3:16

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have eternal life."

Friday, September 2, 2011

This 'n That

This has been one busy year for us and it's almost over with tons more to do. Seems we hardly turn around good before we're pulled this way or that way doing something else. But I wouldn't have traded it for anything else in the world. I'm thankful that we have the time to do it all as exhausting as it's been. This may sound a little like fussing, but on the contrare, we've experienced many new and exciting things. Some things have had to be put on the back burner and wait for a while and others have snuck ahead to take precedence over previously first place things. Time with the grandchildren have been fun and a lot of pictures have been taken...of course!

On the other hand, I've experienced very bad allergy attacks worse this year than in years past but I'm plowing through it. Severe headaches have put me in bed several times. Odd enough, they have been different from any I've had with the problem of meds not working at all. Thankfully, I had a breakthrough about 2 weeks ago and new OTC medicine is helping just fine. Being a runner, this has really been a difficult summer for me as I've been limited to my running...even putting a halt to it for a while. There was a time that I could not even get enough air in my lungs to run. Never had this happen before so I know it had to be the heat and humidity even in early morning hours (starting at 5:30). BUT, I'm getting back.

My stamping is one thing that has been put on the back burner. I made many cards at Crop Connection in July and have even taken pictures of them but sadly have not had the time to sit down long enough to gather my thoughts to write them up and post them. And, of course, the buying hasn't slowed down much...blush, blush!! I have sooo many new things I can hardly wait to use...such neat things. One of my newest toys is my Cricut!! Just got it in and can hardly wait to use it. I've put off getting one for a long time but decided to get one when it went on sale two weeks ago. It arrived a couple of days ago.

All in all, with school back in session, camper issues repaired/updated, fall in the air and running back up and going, it's gonna be a great autumn! I love the shadows on the ground as fall begins to make its appearance. There's just "something different" about it even if the temps haven't changed much yet. It's a sign that it won't be long. I can hardly wait to sit outside and gaze into our fire pit and watch the stars. It sounds like such a waste of time to some, but to us, it's one of those relaxing moments, watching the fireflies light the sky feeling the nippy air, that many just take for granted.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Glad to hear an update from you! I think the whole world is busy and it seems as we get older, the time goes by too fast to cram all of the things we want to do or accomplish into our days. It is good that you are getting back to your running. I couldn't imagine "not" seeing or hearing about your running adventures! Have fun this fall and definitely enjoy the relaxing time!

Blogging Without Obligation

After coming across what seemed to be the 4000th or so post on someone’s blog starting with “I’m sorry I haven’t posted in awhile.” I decided it is time to rethink what makes a good blog and the expectations that have come to be part of it. I am thinking that no one should utter those words again . . .and with that thought I give you Blogging Without Obligation. •Because you shouldn’t have to look at your blog like it is a treadmill. •Because its okay to just say what you have to say. If that makes for a long post, fine. Short post, fine. Frequent post, fine. Infrequent post, fine. •Because its okay to not always be enthralled with the sound of your own typing. •Because sometimes less is more. •Because only blogging when you feel truly inspired keeps up the integrity of your blog. •Because they are probably not going to inscribe your stat, link and comment numbers on your tombstone. •Because for most of us blogging is just a hobby. A way to express yourself and connect with others. You should not have to apologize for lapses in posts. Just take a step back and enjoy life, not everything you do has to be “bloggable”. •Because if you blog without obligation you will naturally keep your blog around longer, because it won’t be a chore. Plus, just think you will be doing your part to eradicate post pollution. One post at a time. . .

Easy Snacks

You'll find some great and quick snacks to have on hand at this site. Though it refers to kids, they are great for anyone. After all, we're all humans! Run HERE to see them.

Meals for Energy

Click HERE to get some great meals for pre race day and post race.

Our Races Through 6-01-09

Go to our running blog for newer updates.