John 3:16

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have eternal life."

Monday, October 24, 2011

Hit & Run

I want to redefine the term "hit and run" because that was exactly what happened to me earlier this morning. Halfway through my long run, I saw a vehicle at the Hardee's exit going to turn into the highway. I watched and watched and watched and there was NO traffic for him to wait for but he continued to sit still. So, I thought he saw me and was waiting for me to pass on in front of him as there wasn't any other way around...his vehicle was close to the hedges in Hardee's driveway and my only way was to cross in front of him. I cautiously approached watching to see if he was going to move on out but he didn't. Then I decided he was waiting on me. As I got dead center in front of his car, he begins to pull out into the highway hitting me!! It caused me to fall against his car though I kept my composure as best as possible. I was shocked!!! Is this man an idiot, blind or totally unaware that the highways and driveways are for ALL people and not just for him?? I had not been able to catch his eye before this because of the glare off his windwhield from my angle but he could see me perfectly. Coming from a stand still kept this from being a bad accident. When it happened, I looked up into his older face framed with glasses that had dropped down on his nose, and saw that he was wrapping his sausage and biscuit to hold while he drove...yeah, like THAT'S a good idea now!! Both hands, mister...at least! He hit my left side where my left knee has given me trouble since the marathon earlier this year. I was so angry that he was so incompetent AND with a license. I'm glad I am a defensive runner because I had been watching him. But even that was not on my side this time. If I had not been aware, as he was, I may have fallen into the road where traffic was now flowing.

I'm glad to report that after about another mile and half, I was able to regain my composure and run normal. My knee got alright and my fear level dropped, trusting drivers again. I was in the middle of a 14 mile run. At the end, I was able to maintain a better pace than I ever had for that distance. As a matter of fact, I beat my best half marathon pace by several seconds...even with all the hoopla of the hit. My watch kept running during this time so it recorded even those slow moments of my run.

All I can say is that angels DO exist and takes care of me when I can't do so. Thank you, Lord!! Words cannot describe how much You love us...us mere humans!

No comments:

Blogging Without Obligation

After coming across what seemed to be the 4000th or so post on someone’s blog starting with “I’m sorry I haven’t posted in awhile.” I decided it is time to rethink what makes a good blog and the expectations that have come to be part of it. I am thinking that no one should utter those words again . . .and with that thought I give you Blogging Without Obligation. •Because you shouldn’t have to look at your blog like it is a treadmill. •Because its okay to just say what you have to say. If that makes for a long post, fine. Short post, fine. Frequent post, fine. Infrequent post, fine. •Because its okay to not always be enthralled with the sound of your own typing. •Because sometimes less is more. •Because only blogging when you feel truly inspired keeps up the integrity of your blog. •Because they are probably not going to inscribe your stat, link and comment numbers on your tombstone. •Because for most of us blogging is just a hobby. A way to express yourself and connect with others. You should not have to apologize for lapses in posts. Just take a step back and enjoy life, not everything you do has to be “bloggable”. •Because if you blog without obligation you will naturally keep your blog around longer, because it won’t be a chore. Plus, just think you will be doing your part to eradicate post pollution. One post at a time. . .

Easy Snacks

You'll find some great and quick snacks to have on hand at this site. Though it refers to kids, they are great for anyone. After all, we're all humans! Run HERE to see them.

Meals for Energy

Click HERE to get some great meals for pre race day and post race.

Our Races Through 6-01-09

Go to our running blog for newer updates.