John 3:16

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have eternal life."

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Some Separating Is In Line

I'm critiqueing our blog and have come to the conclusion that I need to separate our family life with our hobbies. Therefore, I am in the process of creating a running (health) blog and a rubber stamping/card making blog. For those that visit our blog now, this will help you see the things you want to see without having to go through posts that are not of interest to you. The present blog will contain things as our family, travels, and church.

I, also, feel that this will help me be more productive in the two additional blogs. My running has not been up to par and maybe by having a blog committed to this one major area of my life, it will help me stay on track. There are links I want to post on this blog alone that will be of interest to those that are wanting to see just running and health articles.

My card making seems to be the first to take a back seat. I absolutely love doing this and find myself putting it on the back burner a lot. So, in doing this, I'm hoping it will encourage me to stay on track, be more creative and participate in more challenges. Practice makes perfect and there has been very little practicing lately. Again, there are links I plan to put on this blog that will only interest those wanting to see this hobby.

There will be links on our family (main) blog to the two new ones. That way, if you want to see anything else, it will all be where it was to begin with.

Now, to get cracking on making these blogs. Please be patient as I begin creating them. After all, I just decided to do this in the past day or so. [Notification on this blog will be made when these are up and running.] Please feel free to leave any comments now or at any other time.

3 comments:

Peggy said...

Good luck with your "seperation". It makes sense and if it helps you to stay on track with your goals, then it is the right thing to do! I look forward to visiting "both" of your blogs.
Have fun!!

Ali Manning said...

Sounds like a good plan - I can't wait to see your card/stamping blog!

jeff and rebecca said...

Just keep me posted where I should look for all of your exciting events! Love yall!

Blogging Without Obligation

After coming across what seemed to be the 4000th or so post on someone’s blog starting with “I’m sorry I haven’t posted in awhile.” I decided it is time to rethink what makes a good blog and the expectations that have come to be part of it. I am thinking that no one should utter those words again . . .and with that thought I give you Blogging Without Obligation. •Because you shouldn’t have to look at your blog like it is a treadmill. •Because its okay to just say what you have to say. If that makes for a long post, fine. Short post, fine. Frequent post, fine. Infrequent post, fine. •Because its okay to not always be enthralled with the sound of your own typing. •Because sometimes less is more. •Because only blogging when you feel truly inspired keeps up the integrity of your blog. •Because they are probably not going to inscribe your stat, link and comment numbers on your tombstone. •Because for most of us blogging is just a hobby. A way to express yourself and connect with others. You should not have to apologize for lapses in posts. Just take a step back and enjoy life, not everything you do has to be “bloggable”. •Because if you blog without obligation you will naturally keep your blog around longer, because it won’t be a chore. Plus, just think you will be doing your part to eradicate post pollution. One post at a time. . .

Easy Snacks

You'll find some great and quick snacks to have on hand at this site. Though it refers to kids, they are great for anyone. After all, we're all humans! Run HERE to see them.

Meals for Energy

Click HERE to get some great meals for pre race day and post race.

Our Races Through 6-01-09

Go to our running blog for newer updates.