John 3:16

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have eternal life."

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Our [New] Church

Well, not completely.  But it is our church while we are in the Gulf Shores area.  We have fallen in love with the people there and look forward to getting together often.  We can hardly wait to get to the services at First Baptist Church.  The music is such a blessing. It is a real praising of the Lord and with the sweet presence of the Spirit, you will sing out loudly lifting your heart and voice to Him...our Creator!  We are so ready for the message God has laid on Brother Stilley's heart and it never disappoints. 

Last week, we joined the Sunday School class.  This group really cares for one another, spiritually and prayerfully.  During Kent's recent surgery, the teacher contacted us several times checking on him and we got emails constantly letting us know that he was in their prayers.  It's like family! 

We were asked last week if we would consider being Greeters for church services each month.  Unfortunately, we were not able to commit to a certain time each month as we stay home often; but we did get to greet last Sunday.  You wear these beautiful maroon vests with a FBC patch on the left shoulder.  We really enjoyed this. 

I joined the Jonah Bible Study but have not been able to go to it except for the first one. I was afraid this was going to happen. We've just got too many irons in the fire this year. I'll have to read the workbook later.

Mardi Gras Parades were wet this year!  And the people get more and more "fightable", for lack of a better word.  You'd think this was the only thing they got thrown at them or the thing that keeps them alive...and I'm speaking of 65 years old and older!!!  I thought children were wild; but they don't hold a candle to their seniors.  Man!!  It wasn't long before I stepped to the back and let them have it.  Twice older men snatched something out of my hands [they literally put their hands over mine and took it from me] and there was one woman that constantly reached inside my space and got something people were throwing directly to me.  Nope...it's not for me.  When I stepped back, I stood by a girl in a chair that was severely handicapped and bent over.  It was then, that everything got back into perspection.  She was totally afflicted.  I was ashamed at my thoughts.  From then on, every thing that was thrown my direction, I handed to her.  She loved it; though she couldn't talk, I could tell she wanted to.  After the parade, we were leaving, we took off the few beads we got and Kent handed them to a lady walking beside him.  Little did he know that she was the one that kept reaching in front of me to get whatever was thrown!!  How ironic this turned out to be.  For some reason, my heart became lighter.  I kept 2 beads that matched my shirt and gave all the others to her. 

It's all good and good all the time.  We are so blessed and God is so good!!  Until next time...live life to the fullest and keep a smile on your face; someone else needs it!

No comments:

Blogging Without Obligation

After coming across what seemed to be the 4000th or so post on someone’s blog starting with “I’m sorry I haven’t posted in awhile.” I decided it is time to rethink what makes a good blog and the expectations that have come to be part of it. I am thinking that no one should utter those words again . . .and with that thought I give you Blogging Without Obligation. •Because you shouldn’t have to look at your blog like it is a treadmill. •Because its okay to just say what you have to say. If that makes for a long post, fine. Short post, fine. Frequent post, fine. Infrequent post, fine. •Because its okay to not always be enthralled with the sound of your own typing. •Because sometimes less is more. •Because only blogging when you feel truly inspired keeps up the integrity of your blog. •Because they are probably not going to inscribe your stat, link and comment numbers on your tombstone. •Because for most of us blogging is just a hobby. A way to express yourself and connect with others. You should not have to apologize for lapses in posts. Just take a step back and enjoy life, not everything you do has to be “bloggable”. •Because if you blog without obligation you will naturally keep your blog around longer, because it won’t be a chore. Plus, just think you will be doing your part to eradicate post pollution. One post at a time. . .

Easy Snacks

You'll find some great and quick snacks to have on hand at this site. Though it refers to kids, they are great for anyone. After all, we're all humans! Run HERE to see them.

Meals for Energy

Click HERE to get some great meals for pre race day and post race.

Our Races Through 6-01-09

Go to our running blog for newer updates.